Long-term planning, keeping an eye on developments.
Location and property development is an ongoing and long-term task. From vision to implementation to the evaluation of specific measures, it is important to keep an eye on future demand in regional markets as well as, in the short term, changing customer requirements.
Strategic investment in locations and real estate
Strategic investment in locations and real estate requires a focus on clearly defined conditions for success. In the development of larger sites and properties, for example, long-term requirements, utilization options and clearly defined target groups are crucial, both for the preparatory land-use planning and for the subsequent utilization concept.
The basis of every investment decision is a comprehensive analysis of the location and requirements, which evaluates the regional market environment, the location, the specific site conditions as well as current and future requirements. Only then can the development of demand and the absorption capacity for additional offers of a location be determined in a forward-looking manner. This relationship between supply and demand determines decisively whether property at a given location will be successful in the long run, taking into account the appropriate usage and target group.
Location and real estate development in a macroeconomic context
Nevertheless, for a future-oriented location and real estate development, more than only local circumstances need to be considered. Sound location and market analyses also take socio-economic and social trends into account, such as demographic change, the increasing flexibility of physical work, and housing preferences or commuter conditions.
Location & real estate development: A selection of our services
Market and competition analyses
- Socio-economic assessment of individual locations and entire regions
- Benchmarking cities and regions in national and state comparisons
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses as well as opportunities and risks (SWOT analyses)
Industrial space concepts and commercial space strategies
- Analysis of land supply and demand at local and regional level
- Industry and potential analysis of areas for strategic development and the profiling of locations
- Identifying specific (inter-municipal) marketing strategies
Cost-benefit and profitability analyses
- Assessment of (regional) economic profitability based on cost and revenue analyses
- Determination of (detour) profitability of a wide variety of infrastructure projects, from commercial space to innovation and technology centres, to public institutions such as theatres or libraries
- Performing risk and sensitivity analyses
Feasibility studies for land and real estate developments
- Needs-based analysis of market and trend evaluations for different industries
- Preparation of development scenarios and usage concepts
- Development and evaluation of financing and support plans
Future and development strategies
- Participative future and guideline processes for cities and regions
- Development of implementation-oriented fields of action and catalogues of measures
Do you have questions?
Your contact at Prognos