Long-term planning, keeping an eye on developments.
Site and real estate development are built for the long term: Due to the long planning and time of use, a keen eye must be kept on future demands in regional markets as well as rapidly changing customer requirements.
Strategic investment in locations and real estate
Strategic investment in locations and real estate requires a focus on clearly defined conditions for success. In the development of larger sites and properties, for example, long-term requirements, utilization options and clearly defined target groups are crucial – both for the preparatory land-use planning and for the subsequent building design and utilization concept.
The basis of every investment decision is a comprehensive analysis of the location and requirements, which evaluates the regional market environment, the location and the specific site conditions as well as current and future requirements. Only then can the development of demand and the absorption capacity for additional offers of a location be determined in a forward-looking manner. This relationship between supply and demand determines decisively whether property at a given location will sustain its value in the long run, taking into account the appropriate usage and target group.
Location and real estate development in a macroeconomic context
Nevertheless, for a future-oriented location and real estate development, more than only macro- and microeconomic circumstances need to be considered. Sound location and market analyses also take socio-economic and social trends into account, such as demographic change, the increasing flexibility of physical work, and housing preferences or commuter conditions. Such factors transform local and regional demands and exert a decisive influence on the supply and usage structure of asset classes.
Real Estate & Location Development: A selection of our services
Commercial space development & strategies for business areas
- Development of concepts for commercial spaces at municipal and regional levels, including demand forecasting
- Analyses of locations and their industries as well as their potentials/plots for strategic development, market introduction and profiling
Housing market analysis & housing space concepts
- Housing space concepts for municipalities and regions
- Analysis of the potential and target groups of housing constructions projects
Real estate development & real estate research
- Analysis of locations and potentials of land and real estate of different asset types (housing, business/logistics, office as well as multipurpose)
- Utilization plans and feasibility studies for land, buildings and development areas
- Market and competition analysis Advice on location and operational planning as well as acquisition search
- Site assessment (macro and micro level), SWOT analysis
Prognos – Providing Orientation.
Prognos is one of the oldest economic research centres in Europe. Founded at the University of Basel, Prognos experts have been conducting research for a wide range of clients from the public and private sectors since 1959 – politically independent, scientifically sound.Learn more